Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Which is Better?

I have never been much of a novel reader, which is why I like film so much but I can easily say that from all of the book-to-movie adaptations I have always preferred the film version. For example.


Gatsby. The Great Gatsby was a fantastic book that I got to read in English class last year and though I usually don't prefer fiction this time I made an exception. When the movie came out later I was stunned by the fanciful scenery that was showed throughout the entirety of the film.

Though I greatly enjoyed reading the novel, I found that being able to physically see the movie was so much more rewarding as a audience member. I have nothing against books, of course. I mean my own mother is a librarian which makes my opinion on the subject almost sacrilege to her. 

So to answer the basic question here, the book- movie debate is truly one of opinion. Granted, sometimes the translation of a book to a movie is not executed well and that's it's own subject but when it comes down to the basic question of which is better when a book has been translated to a movie is simply up to the viewer and their opinion.  

1 comment: